ID: LaRC/Manuscripts Collection 214
Extent: 2.0 Boxes
Subjects (links to similar collections)
Forms of Material (links to similar genres)
Scope and Contents: The Boston Club was founded 1841, and was named not for the city of Boston, but for a card game. Its members were leading business gentlemen of New Orleans. Its first quarters were on Royal Street, and moved several times to different locations in downtown New Orleans. The collection consists of handwritten and typed correspondence, financial records, minutes, charters, bylaws, histories, annual reports, photographs, invitations with stamped and postmarked envelopes, printed programs for annual dinners including menus and member lists, clippings, and other printed items pertaining to the activities of the Boston Club of New Orleans. Included is an autographed letter of appreciation from President Woodrow Wilson, dated 1913 December 26.