Pontalba family papers, 1796-1914 | Louisiana Research Collection
By LAC Group
ID: LaRC/Manuscripts Collection 590
Primary Creator: Pontalba family.
Extent: 1.0 Boxes
Arrangement: The collection is arranged by topic, as follows: Dupoux's letter to Madame Chalmette, legal controversy, Baron Edouard Delfau de Pontalba letters, photograph, letters of Baron de Pontalba, and litigation records. The collection is made up of one box and two volumes.
Subjects: Canal Bank and Trust Co., New Orleans., Chappelles, Jeanne Francoise le Breton des Charmeaux des., Copeland, Robert., Cruzat, John William., French -- Louisiana -- New Orleans., Pontalba, Edouard Delfau de., Pontalba, Joseph Xavier de, baron, 1754-1834., Pontalba, Micaëla Leonarda Almonester de, baroness, 1795-1874., Pontalba family.
Canal Bank and Trust Co., New Orleans.
Chappelles, Jeanne Francoise le Breton des Charmeaux des.
Cruzat, John William.
French -- Louisiana -- New Orleans.
Pontalba, Edouard Delfau de.
Pontalba, Joseph Xavier de, baron, 1754-1834.
Pontalba, Micaëla Leonarda Almonester de, baroness, 1795-1874.
Access Restrictions: Collection is open to the public. No known restrictions.
Use Restrictions: Physical rights are retained by the Louisiana Research Collection. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.
Preferred Citation: Pontalba family papers, Manuscripts Collection 590, Louisiana Research Collection, Howard-Tilton Memorial Library, Tulane University, New Orleans, LA 70118.
Processing Information: Collection processed in 1992 by HB and ML.
Finding Aid Revision History: Finding aid information entered in Archon by LAC Group in 2011.
Browse by Box:
[Box 1: Papers],
[Volume 1: Letters of the Baron de Pontalba],
[Volume 2: Litigation record],
- Volume 1: Letters of the Baron de Pontalba
Letters of Joseph Xavier Delfau de Pontalba to his wife, Jeanne Francoise le Breton des Charmeaux des Chappelles. 1796. Typescript volume. Translation by Federal Survey of Federal Archives.
1. Forward by Stanley C. Arthur.
2. Letter from M. Dupoux to Madame de Chalmette, from bedside of Baroness Pontalba, 1834. Translation of Dupoux's letter to Madame Chalmette.
3. Progeny of Celestin in Micaela.
4. Letter from Baron Edouard Pontalba to J.W. Cruzat, New Orleans, 1907. Accompanies letters from his great grandfather, Joseph Xavier Delfau de Pontalba to Miro (on microfilm).
5. Journal letter of Joseph Xavier Delfau de Pontalba to his wife Jeanne Francoise le Breton des Charmeaux des Chappelles, 1796. Written from New Orleans to his wife living in Spain with their son, Celestin, and her aunt, Celeste de Macarty, widow of Governor Miro.