Walthall Burton papers, 1806-1896 | Louisiana Research Collection
By LAC Group
ID: LaRC/Manuscripts Collection 431
Primary Creator: Burton, Walthall.
Extent: 1.0 Boxes
Arrangement: The collection is arranged chronologically. The collection consists of one box.
Date Acquired: 02/09/1949
Access Restrictions: Collection is open to the public. No known restrictions.
Use Restrictions: Physical rights are retained by the Louisiana Research Collection. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.
Acquisition Source: Eleanor Morgan.
Preferred Citation: Walthall Burton papers, Manuscripts Collection 431, Louisiana Research Collection, Howard-Tilton Memorial Library, Tulane University, New Orleans, LA 70118.
Processing Information: Collection processed in 1949, recataloged in 1977 by KFP, and rehoused in 2005 by Melissa Smith.
Finding Aid Revision History: Finding aid information entered in Archon by LAC Group in 2011.
Other Note: OCLC Number: 768492474
Browse by Box:
[Box 1: Walthall Burton papers],
- Box 1: Walthall Burton papers
- Folder 1: Slave sale contracts, land sale contracts, marriage contract, 1806-1839
- Folder 2: Commission to Louisiana State Militia, various land sale papers, slave sale, several promissory notes and receipts, 1840-1850
- Folder 3: Land sales, land grants, promissory note, a letter, 1852-1860
- Folder 4: Confederate bills, receipts for supplies, 1863-1865
- Folder 5: Certificate for elected judge, justice of the peace, mortgages on plantation, library society programs, 1866-1896
- Folder 6: John J. Morgan land grant, 1859