Paul Conrad papers, 1869-1893 | Louisiana Research Collection
By LAC Group
ID: LaRC/Manuscripts Collection 463
Primary Creator: Conrad, Paul, b. 1840.
Extent: 1.0 Boxes
Arrangement: The collection is arranged chronologically. The collection consists of one box.
Date Acquired: 08/00/1955
Subjects: Conrad, Paul, b. 1840., Crescent Club (New Orleans, La.), Dauphin, M. A., Early, Jubal Anderson, 1816-1894., Louisiana State Lottery Company., New Orleans. Common Council., Packard, Stephen B. (Stephen Bennett), 1839-1922., Veterans -- Confederate States of America.
Conrad, Paul, b. 1840.
Crescent Club (New Orleans, La.)
Dauphin, M. A.
Early, Jubal Anderson, 1816-1894.
Louisiana State Lottery Company.
New Orleans. Common Council.
Packard, Stephen B. (Stephen Bennett), 1839-1922.
Veterans -- Confederate States of America.
Access Restrictions: Collection is open to the public. No known restrictions.
Use Restrictions: Physical rights are retained by the Louisiana Research Collection. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.
Preferred Citation: Paul Conrad papers, Manuscripts Collection 463, Louisiana Research Collection, Howard-Tilton Memorial Library, Tulane University, New Orleans, LA 70118.
Processing Information: Collection processed in 1955 and reprocessed in 1977 by KFP.
Finding Aid Revision History: Finding aid information entered in Archon by LAC Group in 2011.
Other Note: OCLC Number: 803997583
Browse by Box:
[Box 1: Paul Conrad papers],
- Box 1: Paul Conrad papers
- Folder 1: Letters to Conrad, 1869-1872
- Letters to Conrad as secretary of the Common Council, also vendor's certificate, Louisiana State Lottery Company, and two receipts for payment from New Orleans doctors.
- Folder 2: Letters to Conrad, 1874-1880
- Letters to Conrad from Louisiana Guard Artillery and the Washington Artillery. Also Conrad's papers and commission as Captain in Governor S.B. Packard's "Governor's Life Guard." Also, letters from Bellemore Plantation and from Baltimore.
- Folder 3: Other papers, 1881-1889
- Receipts, letters, from John A. Morris in New York, one asking Conrad to fill in for M.A. Dauphin at "The Business." Also, a fire insurance policy of Conrad's and a contract for sinking an artesian well.
- Folder 4: Other papers
- Insurance papers, receipt for payment for building a "banquette," broadside on Conrad's election as president of Louisiana State Lottery, letter from General Early, statement from Leon Queyrouze and Company, merchants, letter from W.K. Richardson, letters from M.A. Dauphin, and from Conrad's niece, Sophie, and from Bourges.
- Folder 5: Other papers, 1892-1893
- Pictures of and notes on J.A. Early, Louisiana Lottery ticket, 1892, notice of meeting of Crescent Club, resolution of Common Council, undated, calling card of M.A. Dauphin, architectural sketches of unknown house or building, (Pinac Institute?), and other papers.