Martinstein and Durrive families papers, 1787-1890 | Louisiana Research Collection
By LAC Group
ID: LaRC/Manuscripts Collection 433
Primary Creator: Martinstein family.
Other Creators: Durrive family.
Extent: 1.0 Boxes
Arrangement: The collection is arranged by topic as follows: baptismal certificates; family letters, passports, correspondence, and other papers; and family correspondence. The collection consists of one box.
Date Acquired: 07/00/1962
Access Restrictions: Collection is open to the public. No known restrictions.
Use Restrictions: Physical rights are retained by the Louisiana Research Collection. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.
Acquisition Source: Jack McGuire.
Acquisition Method: Gift.
Preferred Citation: Martinstein and Durrive families papers, Manuscripts Collection 433, Louisiana Research Collection, Howard-Tilton Memorial Library, Tulane University, New Orleans, LA 70118.
Processing Information: Collection processed in 1962.
Finding Aid Revision History: Finding aid information entered in Archon by LAC Group in 2011.
Other Note: OCLC Number: 800739168
Browse by Box:
[Box 1: Martinstein and Durrive families papers],
- Box 1: Martinstein and Durrive families papers
- Folder 1: Baptismal certificates, 1787-1823
- Folder 2: Family letters, 1835
- Folder 3: Passport and letters, 1836-1842
- 1836 passport for Frederick Durrive; 1840 marriage contract and copy for Frederick Durrive-Marie Porche; 1842 letter to Edward Martinstein from Frederick Durrive.
- Folder 4: Passport, poem, will, passenger list, 1809-1861
- Folder 5: Family correspondence, 1864-1890
- Letters from R.T. and Sarah Sydnor to Oscar Martinstein, many giving a description of Virginia, from the view point of plantation owners in the throes of Confederate loss - short supplies, burning of Richmond, freed slaves.