Myra Clark Gaines collection, 1810-1940 | Louisiana Research Collection
By Ariel St.Etienne
ID: LaRC/Manuscripts Collection 861
Primary Creator: Gaines, Myra Clark, 1805-1885.
Extent: 1.0 Boxes. More info below.
Arrangement: The collection consists of 1 box. It is 0.5 linear feet.
Access Restrictions: Collection is open to the public. No known restrictions. No photocopies may be made of the contents from Folder 2 without permission from the donor and/or the Library of Congress.
Use Restrictions: Physical rights are retained by the Louisiana Research Collection. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.
Preferred Citation: Myra Clark Gaines collection, Manuscripts Collection 861, Louisiana Research Collection, Howard-Tilton Memorial Library, Tulane University, New Orleans, LA 70118.
Processing Information: Finding aid created by intern Ariel St. Etienne.
Browse by Box:
[Box 1: Myra Clark Gaines collection, 1810-1940],
- Box 1: Myra Clark Gaines collection, 1810-1940
- Folder 1: Myra Clark Gaines family history, 1931
- This folder contains a typed letter to Robert J. Usher, librarian of Howard Memorial Library, from Perry S. Rader, the reporter of the Supreme Court of the State of Missouri. The letter is a brief history and inquiry of the family of Zulime Carriere, mother of Myra Clark Gaines.
- Folder 2: Myra Clark Gaines letters, 1866-1880
- This folder contains typed copies of personal letters to and from Myra Clark Gaines, and to family members of Myra Clark Gaines. Most of the letters are written in regard to personal matters as well as Myra Clark Gaines's lawsuit against the City of New Orleans.
- Folder 3: Myra Clark Gaines case letters, 1860-1865
- This folder contains handwritten letters regarding the Myra Clark Gaines trial. Many of the letters are from Myra Clark Gaines and addressed to her attorney, Franklin Perin.
- Folder 4: List of contents, 1865
- This folder contains a list of contents regarding the Myra Clark Gaines Trial. The list is a copy delivered to M. Gaines's attorney, L. Madison Day.
- Volume 1: Myra Clark Gaines case record, 1810-1940
- This volume was a gift to the Howard Memorial Library from Mrs. Virginia Franklin Perin Martin, daughter of attorney and Judge Franklin Perin. The volume is a case record made up of hand-written documents of the Myra Clark Gaines case, as well as two newspaper clippings about the case and volume.