New Orleans Typographical Union No.17 records, 1865-1884 | Louisiana Research Collection
By LAC Group
ID: LaRC/Manuscripts Collection 811
Primary Creator: International Typographical Union. Union No. 17 (New Orleans, La.)
Extent: 1.0 Boxes
Arrangement: The collection is arranged chronologically. The collection consists of one box and two volumes.
Date Acquired: 01/31/1966. More info below under Accruals.
Access Restrictions: Collection is open to the public. No known restrictions.
Use Restrictions: Physical rights are retained by the Louisiana Research Collection. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.
Acquisition Source: Mrs. J.P. Ewin, Jr.
Acquisition Method: Gift.
Related Materials: Additional New Orleans Typographical Union No. 17 records located at the University of New Orleans, Earl K. Long Library.
Preferred Citation: New Orleans Typographical Union No. 17 records, Manuscripts Collection 811, Louisiana Research Collection, Howard-Tilton Memorial Library, Tulane University, New Orleans, LA 70118.
Processing Information: Collection processed in 1966; reprocessed in 1990 by HB and ML.
Finding Aid Revision History: Finding aid information entered in Archon by LAC Group in 2011.
Browse by Box:
[Box 1: New Orleans Typographical Union Number 17 records],
[Volume 1: New Orleans Typographical Union membership records; treasurer's records; last page has receipts from Charleston, Louisville, and Galveston unions, 1866-1867],
[Volume 2: On cover: New Orleans Typographical Union, Number 17, J.C. White, Financial Secretary, 1868-1870],
- Box 1: New Orleans Typographical Union Number 17 records
- Folder 1: New Orleans Typographical Union membership records, 1865
- Folder 2: International Typographical Union certificates of membership; W.W. Wootan, financial secretary, 1871-1872
- Folder 3: Check stub book, 1873 March-August
- Folder 4: Printed booklet: Constitution of New Orleans Typographical Union; officers list, 1852-1874; membership lists; index on page 61, 1874
- Pages 1-8 lacking.
- Folder 5: International Typographical Union 32nd annual session, New Orleans: constitution; membership lists; index, 1884
- Folder 6: Alphabetical list of members' names followed by numbers, undated
- Folder 7: Letter regarding reinstatement of John Latour and list of names and dues, 1872 December 2 and undated
- Folder 8: Annual report, 1873 April 30
- Folder 9: Semi-annual circular with lists of officers and members; printed on verso: manuscript list of members and dues payments, 1872 July 18; 1872 August
- Volume 1: New Orleans Typographical Union membership records; treasurer's records; last page has receipts from Charleston, Louisville, and Galveston unions, 1866-1867
- Volume 2: On cover: New Orleans Typographical Union, Number 17, J.C. White, Financial Secretary, 1868-1870
- Membership records; index just before numbered pages (in back of book).