Jaubert Bros., Inc. | Tulane University Special Collections
Name: Jaubert Bros., Inc.
Historical Note: Jaubert Brothers, Inc. was a wholesale merchandise company in New Orleans from 1887 to 1980. The Jaubert family participated in wholesale dry goods sales in New Orleans for over a century. Casamir Jaubert opened C. Jaubert Company in 1856, and Marius, Clement, and Fortune formed Jaubert Brothers in 1887. Along with the mercantile business, the corporation owned title to various parcels of land. The corporation was kept mainly within the family, with most of the stockholders being descendants and in-laws of the original Jaubert Brothers. With the decline of the wholesale mercantile business in the late 1970s, the Jaubert Brothers found it hard to stay in business. They decided to liquidate their assets, distribute the proceeds to the stockholders, and to continue as Jaubert Mineral Trust, with income derived from reserved mineral rights of the land once owned by the corporation. Jaubert Brothers, Inc. started liquidation procedures in 1978, and was formally certified dissolved in 1980.
Sources: Manuscripts Collection 828
Note Author: LAC Group