Sugar Industry collection, 1850-1941 | Louisiana Research Collection
By LAC Group
ID: LaRC/Manuscripts Collection 538
Extent: 1.0 Boxes
This artificial collection, created by Tulane University, contains single items and small groups of documents from a variety of sources pertaining to a subject or interest.
The collection consists of one box.
Access Restrictions: Collection is open to the public. No known restrictions.
Use Restrictions: Physical rights are retained by the Louisiana Research Collection. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.
Preferred Citation: Sugar Industry collection, Manuscripts Collection 538, Louisiana Research Collection, Howard-Tilton Memorial Library, Tulane University, New Orleans, LA 70118.
Finding Aid Revision History: Finding aid information entered in Archon by LAC Group in 2011.
Browse by Box:
[Box 1: Sugar Industry collection],
- Box 1: Sugar Industry collection
- Folder 1: P.A. Champomier annotated statement, 1850-1851
- Statement of the sugar crop made in Louisiana in 1850-1851 by P.A. Champomier, printer's copy for the 5th edition, with additions and annotations for the 1851-1852 edition made by Champomier in red ink. Appended is a resumé of amounts of sugar shipped out of New Orleans and their destinations.
- Folder 2: Miles Planting and Manufacturing Company, Limited, bulletin, 1895-1898
- Bulletin of the Miles Planting and Manufacturing Company, Limited giving comparisons of the results of cultivation and manufacture of sugar.
- Folder 3: Sugar manufacturing articles, 1928-1941
Reprints relating to sugar manufacturing.
1. "Boiling-Point Elevation of Sucrose Solutions" by C.J. Tressler, W.I. Zimmerman and C.O. Willits; reprinted from The Journal of Physical Chemistry, volume 45 number 8, 1941 November.
2. "Klaring Volgens Horne Van Oplossingan Van Suikers II" by Dr. Ir. P. Honig and K. Douwes Dekker; Overgedrukt wit het Archiet voor de Suikerindustrie in Ned. Indie. 1934 number 4. In German.
3. "Problaman Bij de Suiker Fabricage" by Dr. Ir. P. Honig Overgedrukt wit het Archiet voor de Suikerindustrie in Ned. Indie. 1929 number 4. In German.
4. "Da Witsuikerbereiding in Rietsuiker fabrieker" by Dr. Ir. P. Honig Overderukt wit het Archiet voor de Suikerindustrie in Ned. Indie. 1929 number 4. in German.
Also contains a list of publications of Dr. Ir. Honig.
- Folder 4: Hayward Hill receipts, 1888
One receipt for $869.00 from Laplace for granulating sugar.
One IOU to Albert Labry.
- Folder 5: E.G. Rogers and Company record, 1853 March 9
- An accounting of the sale of fourteen barrels of syrup to E.G. Rogers and Company by Simon Lepp. Form signed by J.B. Bellocq, commission merchant of New Orleans.